From: w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org] On Behalf
Of boland@nist.gov
Sent: Monday, December 05, 2005 10:27 AM
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Subject: Meaning of "recognition by user agents"?

Do we need more specification of exactly what is meant by "recognition by
user agents" in the context of the following proposed redefinition and of
the purposes for WCAG2.0?  Does such recognition only imply that the user
agent can measurably distinguish an element and/or attribute from other
content, or be able to determine (for example) that the element is in fact a
"title" element
(and any implications of the word "title"),  or something more?    What is
the
desired "level" of recognition for the proposed redefinition for WCAG's
purposes?

Thanks and best wishes
Tim Boland NIST