From: w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Jim Thatcher
Sent: Friday, December 02, 2005 2:38 pm
To: 'Ben Caldwell'; w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Subject: RE: Navigational features

I cave. Thanks for thinking about it.

Jim

Accessibility Consulting: http://jimthatcher.com/
512-306-0931

-----Original Message-----
From: w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Ben Caldwell
Sent: Friday, December 02, 2005 2:19 PM
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

I don't think a class name on a non-heading element is enough to meet
this SC with our definition of programmatically determined because there
aren't any user agents (or assistive technologies) that are able to
identify an element with a randomly selected class name as a heading (or
any other type of structure).

So, in Jim's example, my feeling is that these items should be marked as
headings in order to meet the SC.

-Ben

Jim Thatcher wrote:
> We are getting nowhere. I will try once more.
>
> I believe that if all the heading text on a page has the same class,
> then the headings can be programmatically determined. But the fact
> that they
are