RE: GL 1.3 vs GL 2.4

Is a "navigational feature" a control which is activated by the user and
results in a change in location (for some definition of location)? I get
that sense from your description.

It fits links, and it could fit something like a button with an action
to change the current location. (If the button brings up a dialog, does
that count?) It could also fit a search button, to pick one of Michael's
earlier examples.

It doesn't fit things like headings, which aren't controls.

Loretta Guarino Reid
lguarino@adobe.com
Adobe Systems, Acrobat Engineering

HTML.

> Even if it's true that links are the *only* navigational features in
> (X)HTML (and are thus covered by other SC), are there other
technologies
> where that isn't true?
>
> For example, I've never heard JAWS refer to a link when reading Flash
> content-- it always talks about "buttons," which may or may not be
> navigational (sometimes a button just makes something happen, like
> playing an animation). Are there navigational features in, say, MathML
> or SVG that would not be covered by satisfying GL 1.3?
>
> (Not a rhetorical question; I don't know the answer...)
>
> John
>
> "Good design is accessible design."
>
> Dr. John M. Slatin, Director
> Accessibility Institute