RE: Tests 186, 187, 188, 189,

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Kirkpatrick [mailto:akirkpatrick@macromedia.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2005 6:14 PM
To: John M Slatin; Roberto Scano - IWA/HWG; Yvette Hoitink; WCAG WG mailing
list
Subject: RE: Tests 186, 187, 188, 189,

> The HTML spec allows for multiple labels to be associated
> with one form control.  But I don't know of any screen reader
> that supports this.
> That makes it a user agent issue, perhaps, rather than a
> guidelines issue.  So maybe we should accept the test.

However, the functionality where the user clicks on the label to set the
focus on the associated control does work today, and can have benefit for
users who would want to take advantage of the full "hit area".

Roberto Scano:
Also think that we need to use explicit forms (with "for" attribute) as in
techniques:

http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20-HTML-TECHS/#label