RE: John's proposed wording for Principle 4

For #4, why not just eliminate the distinction between "current" and "future",
and just mention "technologies" in general?  I don't understand why there is a
distinction made between "current" and "future", since to my knowledge, there
is no specific definition we've accepted as to what constitutes a "current"
technology versus a "future" one.  If we want to talk about "future", perhaps
we could mention a goal of "forward compatibility" somewhere (may relate
to "versioning" discussion)?   Also, what specifically does it mean for
content to "work" with a technology?

Best wishes
Tim Boland NIST