From: w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org] On Behalf
Of Jason White
Sent: Saturday, February 26, 2005 9:58 PM
To: Loretta Guarino Reid
Cc: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Subject: Re: Statement of Guideline 4.2 needs work

I wrote a reply to this thread earlier but it doesn't seem to have made it
to the list.

Loretta's proposal is substantially superior to the existing wording.
I suggest removing all mention of "plug-ins" from guideline 4.2, since they
are included in the UAAG 1.0 definition of "user agent". Thus, the use of
the term "plug-in" in guideline 4.2 is unnecessary and redundant.

Guideline 4.2 will be up for revision anyway as the working group strives to
address the problems surrounding user agent support. For the moment I
recommend accepting Loretta's proposal (excluding the term "plug-in"), while
recognizing that these issues are still very much open for discussion.