  From: Jim Thatcher
  To: Becky_Gibson@notesdev.ibm.com ; chris.ridpath@utoronto.ca
  Cc: 'WAI WCAG List'
  Sent: Wednesday, February 02, 2005 11:52 AM
  Subject: RE: [techs] Fasttrack Tests - #57

  I totally agree Becky; that issue slipped from my concern. Somehow, using the LABEL as container of INPUT plus prompting text was seen as not "explicit" in WCAG discussions. But it is explicit and it is correct HTML. It causes (last I looked) some screen reader problems but the screen reader developers can fix that in time. I still recommend for/id but the LABEL container should be OK!

  Also good catch on the "typo" that so many of us missed!

  Jim

  Accessibility Consulting: http://jimthatcher.com/

  512-306-0931