Re: Validation: what criteria in L1, L2 or L3?...

Yes, but what is the criteria? What do you put in level 2 and 3, and why?

Every issue covered by wcag has sometimes an accessibility impact, of
course. But in the real world (and thanks to the browser we now have,
ironically) any user can often (and not always) live without "some
amount of" valid code, but blind users can *never* live without alt text
on meaningful images.

That's why I'd put this in L1, and validation in L2 or, even better, in
L3: it's not vital. You can cope with invalid page as long as they are
rendered by browser (i.e, text/html content can: we know their render
engine): that's what happens in most of the sites. But you can't cope
with missing information.

I see no reason to put validation in L1, but it depends on criteria. But
then we should be consistent with every issues. In any other cases, we
are discussing without rules, and everyone can emphasize his favourite
arguments. And that can be done about any wcag issue.

Maurizio