Re: GL 2.2: new benefit (low computer literacy)

Hello Greg,

Yvette wrote earlier:
>For  level 2 and higher, sometimes the author will be limited in the way he
>expresses himself (for example: in choice of colors to make sure the
>website
>is usable for people who are colorblind). But the author is free whether or
>not to conform to these higher levels.

When you think level 2 and 3 are for an accessible plus, you are wrong. In
e.g. Germany the accessibility law requires all the federal websites being
conform BITV1 (current wcag 1.0 AA-level) and even for navigation- and
portal sites BITV 2 (current wcag-AAA level), No webdsigner has a choice to
go beyond priority A, the law obliges him to conform to the current level AA
or even level AAA. The 16 states  have their own ccessibility laws for their
public sites, but those are mostly equal to those of the federal sites. Also
the federal and state statebroadcast organisations have these requirements
for their websites.

I don't know how other countries interprete the current priorotylevels but
this also clearly differs from country to country.

greetings
Ineke van der Maat