From: w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org] On Behalf
Of Joe Clark
Sent: Monday, May 23, 2005 2:23 PM
To: WAI-GL
Subject: Ill-defined terms in WCAG 2

If, for some unsupportable reason that has long since been buried by a
mountain of contrary evidence, the Working Group continues to hold that the
term "semantics" is too hard to define in the sense in which
standards-compliant Web developers fluently use it, then I have a question
to ask.

What are you going to do about the following terms? No working Web developer
knows what these are.

	programmatically determined
	delivery unit
	programmatic user interface components
	dictionary cascade

Yet every standardista knows what "semantics" means. Shouldn't you be
worrying about rewriting the terms above into something readily
understandable rather than picking on me for pointing out a term already in
wide and undisputed use?

--

     Joe Clark | joeclark@joeclark.org
     Expect criticism if you top-post