Re: working definition of baseline

lguarino@adobe.com writes:
 > <working definition>
 > The minimum set of technologies that are assumed to be supported by
 > and activated in user agents in order to access all information and
 > functionality of the web content.
 > </working definition>

I propose the following: <propose> A minimum set of technologies
assumed in the design of Web content to be supported by, and enabled
in, all user agents accessing the content. Only user agents in which
every technology in the baseline is supported and enabled can access
the information and functionality in the content.
</propose>

We might also have to adjust the definition of "technology", if
necessary, to refer to a specific version of a specification, so that
different versions count as distinct technologies for the purpose of
defining the baseline. An alternative would be to complicate the above
definition further by inserting language about versions, which I would
rather avoid.