Re: Possible Scripting Techniques to help with baseline evaluation

Becky_Gibson@notesdev.ibm.com wrote:
> Here are some ideas for possible scripting techniques that could fit
> into our suggested baselines.

> -input assist auto advance through fields.  Fore example, a US phone
> number input with 3 fields as you finish typing 3 numbers in the first
> field the cursor moves to the next field and after three numbers there
> jumps to the last field.  This one is likely to be controversial as I'm
> sure there are some people that dislike the auto advance behavior.

Not so much the advance behaviour, but the annoying tendancy to jump
forward when trying to focus back on the fied to re-edit the data.

> -figure out how to create an accessible pop-up (NOT a new window) that
> can be made accessible.  I'm not sure how to do this, yet, but it could
> be used to provide more detailed information or help without leaving the
> page.

I've got a working example of this I've devised on my own using internal
anchors as a basis. If its okay, I'd like to make it available for
discussion in this group (or WAI-IG if that's a more appropriate venue).

Thanks,
Mike