RE: [#1065] Provide a link to download an accessible plugin

Mm. Make conform to uaag is difficoult.
Why don't apply the "old" wcag 1.0 checkpoint 8.1, saying what is an accessible "object"?

----- Messaggio originale -----
    Da: "Michael Cooper"<michaelc@watchfire.com>
    Inviato: 21/09/04 21.36.19
    A: "WAI GL (E-mail)"<w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
    Oggetto: [#1065] Provide a link to download an accessible plugin

    The following is a proposal for HTML techniques. I will implement the proposal in a draft unless there is objection from the group. There will still be room for debate of the proposal in the context of the next draft.

    Guideline 4.2 [1] says "At least one plug-in required to access the content conforms to at least the default set of conformance requirements of the User Agent Accessibility Guidelines (UAAG) 1.0 ... If inaccessible plug-ins are available, then a method for obtaining an accessible plug-in is provided from the content."

    We should include a technique to provide a link to download an accessible plugin viewer. This also corresponds to U.S. Section 508 paragraph m [2].

    [1] http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/#technology-supports-access
    [2] http://www.access-board.gov/sec508/guide/1194.22.htm#(m)

    --- Signature ---

    Michael Cooper
    Accessibility Product Manager, Watchfire
    1 Hines Rd Suite 200, Kanata, ON  K2K 3C7  Canada
    Tel: +1 (613) 599-3888 x4019
    Fax: +1 (613) 599-4661
    Email: michaelc@watchfire.com
    Web: http://www.watchfire.com/

[Messaggio troncato. Toccare Modifica->Segna per il download per recuperare la restante parte.]