Re: Guideline 2.4 L2, SC2 Skip nav link

Sailesh Panchang writes:
 > L2, SC2 Skip nav link
 > It states:
 > 2. Large blocks of material that are repeated on multiple pages, such as navigation menus with more
 > than 8 or more links, can be bypassed by people who
 > use screen readers or who navigate via keyboard or keyboard interface.
 > Comments:
 >  - make it five instead of eightt
The numbers are more or less arbitrary. That's one of the problems
with guideline 2.4: it can't easily be made testable without
introducing dubitable thresholds. It also relies on the concepts of
"page", "site" etc., which are problematic; see the editorial notes.

 > - This criteria should cover  skipping long groups of links (whether repetitive or not).
 >  This should correspond to WCAG 1.0 checkpoint 13.6 (P3).

Why should it not be at level 3 in WCAG 2.0? The only good argument
for having it at level 2 that I can think of is cognitive.