RE: [wcag2] Definition of 'complex content'

Agree with Yvette proposal.

----- Messaggio originale -----
    Da: "Yvette P. Hoitink"<y.p.hoitink@heritas.nl>
    Inviato: 19/08/04 15.16.07
    A: "w3c-wai-gl@w3.org"<w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
    Oggetto: RE: [wcag2] Definition of 'complex content'

    > Hi Gregg,
    >

    > > Do you have a final recommendation?
    >
    > first of all -- apologies for the late reply. Meanwhile, I
    > created a new definition for 'complex content' (please see my
    > initial message [1] for
    > details) to be included in the Working Draft [2]:
    >
    > "In general, content is considered complex if it requires
    > much effort and trouble to be analyzed or understood. In
    > particular, this could mean that the displayed information is
    > too capacious, is ordered too dense, consists of many
    > interconnected parts or uses different presentation styles
    > for kindred information chunks.
    >
    > Observance of these guidelines helps to make sure that
    > content does not become too complex."
    >
    > Feedback and comments are appreciated, and I hope this
    > definition is basically suited for our needs. (And I
    > especially hope the finishing sentence reaches consent :)

    Hi Jens,

    I like the drift of your formulation but I think some of the wording is too
    complex and the sentences are too long.
    There are several words or phrases which I think are hard to understand or
    unclear:
    Capacious
    Ordered too dense
    Kindred information chuncks
    Observance

    I also think we should include difficult language as an example of complex
    content.

    <Counter-proposal>
    Content is considered complex if it is hard to analyze or understand it.
    Following these guidelines helps to make content less complex.

    Examples of complex content:
    * content that contains much information
    * content that uses words the visitor doesn't know
    * content that is presented very close together
    * content that consists of many parts
    * content that uses different presentation styles for similar types of
    information.
    </counter-proposal>

    Yvette Hoitink
    Heritas, Enschede, the Netherlands
    E-mail: y.p.hoitink@heritas.nl
    WWW: http://www.heritas.nl

[Messaggio troncato. Toccare Modifica->Segna per il download per recuperare la restante parte.]