From: w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org] On Behalf
Of Jason White
Sent: Friday, July 30, 2004 4:38 AM
To: Rhys Lewis
Cc: Wendy A Chisholm; Rotan Hanrahan; www-di@w3.org; w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Subject: RE: WCAG WG discussion of "authored unit"

Although I haven't mentioned this in the WCAG discussion, I think it
important that (1) WCAG and Device Independence agree on definitions;
and (2) WCAG not use the term "authored unit" with any definition
other than that stated in the Device Independence glossary.

WCAG is specifically looking for appropriate and precise terminology
to define the scope of entities (collections of resources) covered by
conformance assertions.

To emphasize, I consider harmonization of terminology and definitions
between WCAG and DI to be essential.