From: w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org] On Behalf
Of Ben Caldwell
Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2004 8:54 AM
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Subject: Techniques drafts and UA information

In reviewing the techniques drafts, it occurred to me that they do not
address our intention to include information about user agent support for
various techniques. I think it's important that we let reviewers know that
this information will be included in the future and propose that we include
an editorial note in the introductions for both the CSS and HTML working
drafts as follows:

Editorial note: At this point in time, draft techniques do not include
specific details about user agent support. We anticipate that this
information will be included as the drafts evolve in order to help authors
make informed decisions about which techniques they may or may not choose to
implement in their content. Including this information will require
extensive user-agent and assistive technology testing and the working group
welcomes comments documenting user-agent issues with current techniques as
well as submissions of additional techniques.

--
Ben Caldwell | <caldwell@trace.wisc.edu>
Trace Research and Development Center <http://trace.wisc.edu>