Re: [techs] scripts

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 18:20:50 +0200, Lisa Seeman <lisa@ubaccess.com> wrote:
> Points  that comes to mind - we should document what type of things make
> scripts inaccessible- we may find some general guidelines that work across
> scripts

Generally it's the same stuff that makes other stuff inaccessible,
people are just more likely to do it with scripting  I think.

> scripts should not create a new dom element

I see no reason for this restriction, are there any AT's that are
actually harmed by the above, I can't see any real scenario, okay the
new DOM element may not be very noticeable by the AT and User, but
that doesn't necessarily automatically harm accessibility.

> scripts should not create content outside the DOM

Again, I don't see the point of the restriction, for example storing
all a load of emails in a script, doesn't all of a sudden make your
document inaccessible, it just makes it quicker for the user to get to
those emails if they support the script.

Cheers,

Jim.