Re: Access Key alternative -in the wrong place?

At 3:00 PM -0500 7/12/04, Richard Schwerdtfeger wrote:

>  it is becoming less likely that transcoding will be done in the
>middleware to process it since more often than not the UI will be
>constructed on the client.

For one thing, I see the opposite trend happening at the same time.

Compare with XRT2
http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:vbjWRFa6ZCQJ:www.intel.com/technology/upnp/download/Intel_UPnP-Based_Remote_IO_Developers_Guide_v0.4.pdf+XRT2+Intel&hl=en

It's not clear which trend is actually winning.

In any case, I don't see that we have the choice to try to guess the
winner and only go with that.  We need
to be covering our bets so that where there is a role for RDF-reading
AT, or for middleware, it can perform in that role.

Getting the necessary information in the W3C DOM and from there into
an API near and dear to the AT does indeed appear to be our main
chance at the moment to get the information to the AT where the AT
gets its shot at meeting the user's needs.

Client-applied and middleware-or-server-applied transforms will
coexist, don't you think?  I don't see people serving our new,
improved HTML, whether it's XHTML 2.0 or XHTML 1.1+, without serving
something compatible with HTML4 processors as well.

Al