From: w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org] On Behalf
Of Jason White
Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2004 11:58 PM
To: Web Content Guidelines
Subject: Re: [3.1][2.4] Informative page titles: suggested solution

Jason White writes:

 > "Every page or resource that can be accessed independently has an  >
informative title".

 > If we adopted Yvette's wording we would need to make it very clear in  >
the guidelines that if the concept of a "page" doesn't apply to the  >
content then this success criterion is not applicable, and hence  > passes.
In fact, all success criteria which do not apply to the  > content are
deemed to be satisfied by default, as we have discussed in  > relation to
conformance.

Since this does not apply to all types of Web content as I argued earlier,
does that mean it has to be at level 3? I thought one of our principles was
that anything which couldn't reasonably be applied to all, or most types of
content had to move to level 3.

Of course we can alter that principle if we want to, but it would need to be
done explicitly and deliberately.

I am also not sure whether "informative" is testable in difficult cases.