RE: Great call. Great progress on 1.1 We missed one item.

Hmmmm

That is a good question Joe.  And a good catch.

Providing the title doesn't sound hard.  It will either be a link which
would usually be the title or it would be an icon or image - so that the
title could be alt text.  There has to be something that tells everyone what
it is - unless it is a mystery - in which case it can be covered by scoping.
But a description would not be easy to include - esp. if it was a link.

Perhaps we should just add one so that it reads.

c)  For non-text content that is intended to create a specific sensory
experience, such as music without words or visual art, text alternatives
identify and describe the non-text content.

d)  For multimedia where link or invocation is non-text, text alternatives
identify the multimedia and multimedia alternatives are provided per
Guideline 1.2.

I don't like this particularly well - but can't think of anything else right
now. And we need to get multimedia off of needing text alternative at L1.
Whether it should be required at any level (currently at L3) is an open
question - but there is no question it should not be at L1.

Other suggestions?

Gregg

PS  I also added a fix John pointed out (it should, and now does, say music
without words).

Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Professor - Ind. Engr. & BioMed Engr.
Director - Trace R & D Center