From: w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org] On Behalf
Of Michael Cooper
Sent: Monday, June 21, 2004 12:38 PM
To: WAI GL (E-mail)
Subject: [#827] Success criterion for separate content from presentation

Guideline 1.3 [1] speaks to the separation of content from presentation. The
techniques working group would like to create HTML techniques for this
(e.g.,
"use CSS instead of HTML styling tags". But our structure is that techniques
must relate to specific success criteria. While the existing success
criteria
under this guideline provide further detail, they do not themselves cover
the
general case.

Therefore I propose adding a success criterion "Presentation is implemented
separately from semantic structure." I suspect this should be a level 2 SC
but
possibly it should be level 1.

[1]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/WD-WCAG20-20040602.html#content-structure-se
paration

--- Signature ---

Michael Cooper
Accessibility Product Manager, Watchfire
1 Hines Rd Suite 200, Kanata, ON  K2K 3C7  Canada
Tel: +1 (613) 599-3888 x4019
Fax: +1 (613) 599-4661
Email: michaelc@watchfire.com
Web: http://www.watchfire.com/