Re: [#829] Linear reading order should be level 1

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Cooper" <michaelc@watchfire.com>
To: "WAI GL (E-mail)" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Sent: Monday, June 21, 2004 8:11 PM
Subject: [#829] Linear reading order should be level 1

In mapping HTML techniques to the guidelines, the techniques working
group
mapped linearization of documents to the first level 3 success criterion
in
guideline 2.4 [1]. Although this seemed to be the appropriate mapping,
we
believe this should be a level 1 issue, not a level 3 issue. Therefore
we
propose that this success criterion be moved to level 1.

[1]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/WD-WCAG20-20040602.html#navigation-mechanism
s-one-seq

Roberto Scano:
I agree with Michael. Without guarantee of linearization of the
contents, how can we assure to people that use screen readers to
understand the contents?