Partial regrets RE: Agenda June 10, 2004

 I'll be on a WebAIM conference call till 2pm

-----Original Message-----
From: w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Gregg Vanderheiden
Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 2004 7:25 AM
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Subject: Agenda June 10, 2004

Time: 2100 UTC (4 PM US Eastern)
Number:  +1-617-761-6200, passcode 9224 irc.w3.org 6665, channel #wai-wcag

1. Announcements

2. Checklists and whether they should be normative or informative.

The purpose of the meeting is not necessarily to answer the question, but rather to gather the different issues, questions and aspects

Wendy has pulled together a page summarizing postings and posing questions and ideas to stimulate thought and discussion.  PLEASE READ THIS AND THINK ABOUT IT BEFORE THE MEETING.

<http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/2004/06/normative-checklist-issues.html>

Wendy also wrote:
The central questions seem to be:
1. Do general success criteria provide enough information to determine conformance?
2. If not, is it possible to make them testable enough to determine conformance?
3. If not, should we conclude that checklists must be normative?
4. How would putting checklists on the Recommendation track effect our timeline?
5. Can we satisfy the Requirements for WCAG 2.0 with informative checklists?

See you tomorrow.   Again, please read above post and think about this
before meeting.   This is a very tough and very important issue.

Gregg