RE: 1.1 suggestion

john,

we are quite in agreement.  the proposal I sent out was a summary of
changes requested in bugzilla and the two that you called out bother me
as well.

I would argue to keep time based media in 1.1 as I categorize as binary
v. ascii more than static v. dynamic media.   I agree that this should
be higher priority.

on the second point I absolutely agree that aggregate content should be
a discussion in conformance rather than an SC.  I would like to see
conformance that states something like 'you may claim the least of the
conformance of your own content claim and any aggregate content claims'
where the aggregator source is responsible for making the claim as to
the conformance of any content they emit.
so if you display content from a source which makes no claim you are not
in conformance; if all of your aggregate content is level 1 then you may
claim at most level 1 for your site.
I think that it would be helpful for us to recommend an http header
standard for transmitting these claims, though not essential as the
claims are more likely to be conveyed by SLA ( contract ) than by real
time header sniffing.

.02
/m

this is different from the scoping claim as I understand that to be a
site level discussion.