RE: 1.1 suggestion

Some comments

Regarding LEVEL 1 suggestion

I don't think this construct works for Level 1.  If you don't have any
exceptions – then all of the success criteria must be met.
In your formulation below – the first success criteria is that all non-text
content have a text alternative.   Since this says ‘all’ it means all
non-text content including spacers, decorations etc.   other checkpoints are
in addition to this – not instead of.

In Mike’s formulation – all the clauses were within a single success
criteria.  So it was possible to have the different treatments for the
different content types.   Kind of like a case statement.
You might want to look at that.

Regarding LEVEL 2 for guideline 3.1

1 – do you mean 1.3?

2 - I don't know what this means.
"Text alternatives do not require a change of context."

Regarding LEVEL 3 for guideline 1.3

Level 3 success criteria for Guideline 3.1
1.    For multimedia content, a text document is provided that includes all
important visual information, dialogue, and other important sounds.
GV:  I don't know how you have sounds in a text doc.  Perhaps it should read
"includes all important information that was presented visually or via
dialog or important sounds."

2.    For time based resources a synchronized transcript is provided.
 GV: what is a synchronized transcript?   What is it synchronized with?

GV: I think the existing wording which refers to a 'script or screenplay' is
better at expressing this.

Thanks

Gregg

Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.