RE: Price of WCAG attendance in Big Macs (Was RE: "You call that a standard?" and Charter)

> On May 3, 2004, at 12:11 PM, Yvette P. Hoitink wrote:
> > You're absolutely right in your remark. I didn't take the telephone
> > costs into account in my reaction. My WCAG phone bills used to be
> > around 30 USD as well, but I now have a new carrier with an
> > introduction offer of 1 eurocent per minute (about 1.2 dollarcent).
>
> If your point is to say that WCAG attendance is cheap, it's
> certainly nice of you to volunteer to subsidize those
> companies which can't afford it. :)

I definitely didn't mean to suggest WCAG attendance is cheap. That's why I
responded to Gian, because I realized my initial reaction about how easy it
was to join WCAG didn't take the phone costs into account.

In fact, if the monthly costs were higher than 30 USD for me, I could
probably not afford to attend the meetings myself. I do hope that one day
our company is big enough to sponsor other companies that couldn't afford to
join WCAG otherwise ;-) I think small companies bring their own unique
expertise into the group, because we tend to be more involved in operational
issues of accessibility and less in strategical issues than some of the
representatives of big companies. We need all the different types of
expertise we can get to make WCAG a success.

Yvette Hoitink
Heritas, Enschede, the Netherlands
E-mail: y.p.hoitink@heritas.nl
WWW: http://www.heritas.nl