RE: Disambiguation Re: Verified issues - week of 26 April

The last sentence in Yvette's list of examples--

>It's forgotten to take the dog home.

Is not something a native spaker of English would say:
(1) A native speaker would not use the pronoun "it" to refer to a person
(2) A native spaker would not say "It is forgotten to take the dog
home."  On the other hand, a native speaker might well say "It's been
forgotten," which would expand to "It has been forgotten."

This doesn't mean that a sentence like the one in the examples list
would never appear on the Web!  But the others are better examples.

Still, I would agree with Chaals: requiring markup of such commonly
occurring contractions would make the guidelines appear unreasonable and
create resistance.

John

"Good design is accessible design."
Please note our new name and URL!