Re: Search engine and alt text: [techs] Latest HTML Techniques Draft

On 3 Dec 2003, at 11:35, Tom Croucher wrote:
> images  ?
>

> Search engines and indexing is something I spent some time studying
> and as far as I am aware search engines do not use alt text in
> indexing in practice any longer.

Lets try a simple test

<http://www.google.com/search?
q=%22%5BFig%5D+Centred+elements+and+text%22>

One hit (my site as it was the first one to come to mind with
reasonable alt text). The search text doesn't appear anywhere in the
document except in the alt text of the image.

(and no Google, I didn't - I'm English :D )

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk/