Re: 09 Oct 2003 - WCAG WG Teleconference Minutes

 > Da: "Yvette P. Hoitink" <y.p.hoitink@heritas.nl>

 > Perhaps if UA offer links to
 > the appropriate dictionary, similar to Opera's double-click functionality. I
 > think marking the Dutch sections as such would be helpful to people using
 > speech browsers, though. If the accent suddenly changes, the listener would
 > immediately understand there is a language switch.

i agree with you Yvette, the main issue is that UA do not have the chance to
render properly all the languages because of the lack of dictionaries.

I am just experiencing this in Hungarian, which can't be considered a main
worldwide language. in Hungarian pages there are a lot of English words, and
this is pretty easy to be rendered by UA as far as English dictionary are
provided with most of the UA.
But what about the Hungarian websites' pages provided also in English with
many Hungarian definitions and words?
just a few percentage of the world population could understand the proper
pronunciation of the definition.
But who could understand the real meaning of these Hungarian citations if
the webmaster have "forgot" to explain it clearly in English beside the
original version?

Could we take into consideration the possibility to insert something like
the title element which could provide also semantic meaning to the foreign
language proper rendering, so that information is clearer and even more
accessible.

I bag your pardon if you've already discussed this topic or if i am gettin'
OT.

pat

Miert fizetsz az internetert? Korlatlan, ingyenes internet hozzaferes a
FreeStarttol.
Probald ki most! http://www.freestart.hu