Re: New proposal for WCAG conformance

Gregg, this proposal looks like a very important step forwards. In
Sidar's participation in the EuroAccessibility work on harmonising our
accessibility testing across a large number of organisations the
relative simplicity of the WCAG 1 scheme has been very helpful.

A conformance scheme that makes very clear the migration from WCAG 1 to
WCAG 2, and that is cleanly compatible with the Authoring Tool
Accessibility Guidelines is extremely helpful to organisations wanting
to prepare for a smooth migration between versions. In particular it
makes it possible in flexible environments to test the migration at
working draft stage, rather than being forced through resource
constraints to hold off preparing the transition until after WCAG2 has
been published. This should in turn benefit the development of WCAG 2
itself...

cheers

Chaals