RE: character Input -- Checkpoint 2.1 (revisions from Jan 8 Telecon)

Remember also that not everyone in the world uses QWERTY keyboards.  I
think you need to focus less on the specific characters involved and
more on enabling the functionality through some alternative method. I
would just say: "through a keyboard or other input device"

Hope that helps,
RI

Richard Ishida
W3C