RE: Issue #8: flicker (my action item from WCAG teleconference, J une 26, 2003)

Bailey, Bruce writes:
 > (1)  Jason, are you saying that a P1 item made it into WCAG 1.0 without
 > first hand experience that there was a real problem?

No, I am not saying anything about WCAG 1.0 or about lack of
experience of the problem. To the contrary, the problems with flicker
have been known for a very long time. However there are patterns not
involving flicker that also cause seizures, and the exact tests for
these are, as I understand it, still in need of clarification.