Re: [171] accessible rebroadcasts

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gregg Vanderheiden" <gv@trace.wisc.edu>
To: <jasonw@ariel.ucs.unimelb.edu.au>; "'Web Content Guidelines'"
<w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2003 12:56 PM
Subject: RE: [171] accessible rebroadcasts

>Interesting thought
>
>You can make conformance claims (preferably in metadata) for any page or
>subset of pages you like.   But you cant use the Logo or say the Site
>conforms unless x y z.
>
>Then we just have to define  x y z

Good... this is the best thing

>I'm not sure this solves the problem of not requiring too much in
>core-required though.   Have to think about it.   But seems that countries
>would still have to create minimum sets that did not include all of our
>required.

Yes... some countries like Italy will work for make "zipped" version of the
WCAG.
Referring also to the ISO about accessibility, i think that we must to
evalutate well the "core" points to make them all testable so the countries
could start with the full receipt of the "core" guidelines.

One thing is: how a webdesigner can assure that the page visible for eg. in
www.xxxxxxxx.com has not changed since the validation? I've thinked about a
procedure like the "checksum" that is done for the validation of files: a
web generated page is always HTML/XHTML so apply a checksum to this page
could give the real "photo" of the page and let the user to check (with a
checksum validator) is something has been changed.

What you think about?