Re: d-link International

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Ridpath" <chris.ridpath@utoronto.ca>
To: "WAI WCAG List" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Sent: Monday, April 14, 2003 10:26 PM
Subject: d-link International

We're working on the German translation of our product and the translators
are suggesting that "d-link" be translated to "b-link" (the German word for
description is beschreibung). Instead of inserting a small 'd' in the
document that links to the description file, they suggest we insert a small
'b'.

Do you know if there has been any consensus on an international version of
the 'd-link'? (Of course the LONGDESC attribute will still be used.)

Roberto:
This is my *personal* opinion.
In this case, i personally suggest (for international conformation) to use
the "d" instead the "b" because is important to mantain an uniformity of the
use of the code.
Otherwise, for example, here in Italy we must use the "p"... and this can
cause problems for people that visit international web sites and (i think)
also for some application that recognize the [D].

Roberto Scano
IWA/HWG EMEA Coordinator
W3C Advisory Committee Representative for IWA/HWG
International Webmasters Association / HTML Writers Guild
http://www.iwanet.org - http://www.hwg.org
E-Mail: emea@iwanet.org - w3c-rep@iwanet.org
This email is not an offer to do business, but is only a discussion.
All agreements with IWA must be in writing and acknowledged
by IWA International management.