Re: Numbering Success Criteria

Well the problem is that if we each use a different set of numbers it is
going to be hard to talk about something and make sure we mean the same
thing. The external technology handles this fine - converting from one scheme
to another is trivial for a computer. Unfortunately it turns out that
poeple's brains aren't that flexible - they like things they can make sense
of and don't have to convert.

(this is why the metric system is really an all-or-nothing proposition - CSS
works fine with mixed units, but people tend to get confused)

cheers

chaals

On Wed, 11 Dec 2002, phoenixl wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm kind of wondering why there needs to be only one format made available
>to users.  Different users have different preferences.  Since this is a
>technology based group, why not take advantage of technology and let users
>choose what options/formats they would like to see information presented.
>Why squeeze everyone into one format?
>
>Scott
>
>PS  If there is a technological reason why this can't be done, then fix the
>technology.

SWAD-E http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/Europe ------------ WAI http://www.w3.org/WAI
 21 Mitchell street, FOOTSCRAY Vic 3011, Australia  fax(fr): +33 4 92 38 78 22