Re: The meaning and value of telephone conferences

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jonathan Chetwynd" <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
To: "W3C Web Content" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 05, 2002 9:01 PM
Subject: The meaning and value of telephone conferences

[cut]
> How on earth do you suppose you will get contributions from the
> unemployed, disenfranchised, ill-educated?
>
> Rude and bloody minded people come from all walks of life, however
> there are none so blind as those who will not see.
>
> Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,
i can grant you my personal experience. I stay in Venice - Italy and i
cannot connect by telephone conferences. This is also the problem of other
members that cannot have covered expenses for telephone conferences and/or
cannot understand well english-spoken language.

But remember that there is also the IRC channel where volounteers (Wendy,
Ben, etc.) take minutes for us and let us the possibility to partecipate at
the telephone conferences discussion.

I also have been by IRC to the last AC Representative Meeting in Boston and
i have follow all the discussion granting also my personal question to the
speakers.

The partecipation is important in the group by analizing and replying at the
e-mails, and also follow the telephone conferences by IRC.

Roberto Scano
IWA/HWG EMEA Coordinator
W3C Advisory Committee Representative for IWA/HWG
International Webmasters Association / HTML Writers Guild
http://www.iwanet.org - http://www.hwg.org
E-Mail: emea@iwanet.org - w3c-rep@iwanet.org