Re: static links for current news items?

I agree that basic architecture considerations are important. But
Accessibility is only one aspect of W3C's work. There is indeed a group at
W3C that deals with these kind of issues - and in the accessibility work we
tend to say "use the rest of the W3C's work" rather than try to repeat that.

It is similar to the fact that we don't try to write markup languages to do
the things that HTML or MathML do - we just use the existing work done by the
reponsible groups (although the PFWG, when necessary, works with those groups
to ensure that their work doesn't get n the way of, and as much possible
actively supports and encourages, accessibility).

So in this case the group responsible is the Technical Architecture Group,
and I am told that their Architectural Principles Draft (available from the
Technical Reports page or at http://www.w3.org/TR/webarch/ if you just want
to read it) includes exactly the principle you are looking for.

cheers

Chaals

On Thu, 10 Oct 2002, Jonathan Chetwynd wrote:

>Chaals,
>
>We have been discussing for some while how accessibility is more than
>about individual pages but about the structure of the web.
>
>For this reason, whilst this concept or guideline may be outside the
>current guidelines, it is important that these type of issues be
>discussed within the domain of accessibility, until a better division of
>responsibilities blooms.
>
>Jonathan
>
>people who need payment, can password protect their site,  alternatively
>they could change the link minute by minute using some sophisticated
>algorithm, this is a side issue.

SWAD-E http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/Europe ------------ WAI http://www.w3.org/WAI
 21 Mitchell street, FOOTSCRAY Vic 3011, Australia  fax(fr): +33 4 92 38 78 22