Re: EARL Re: use PICS for accessibility?

Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
 > Hi Marco,

Hola Charles,

 > EARL is now being produced by three or four accessibility testing tools -
 > Page Valet, MUTAT, AccVerify/AccMonitor, and I think Insight or Infocus.

Great!

 > variety of sources and use it to repair a page - perhaps even by
producing a
 > proxy transformation that fixes the original page.

Yes, that's the way... in Italy lots of peoples are thinking that Bobby
validation is the goal, when Bobby say "Bobby AAA Approved" then the
pages and sites are accessible.

The big problem is that also webagencies say this to their customers.

(One of them said that HTML is not a web standard... :) )

 > (The really really useful thing is that it should help people build
processes
 > to make sure they don't make any more inaccessible pages, but small
stetps
 > are better than none).

Yep, I agree.
EARL PICS posted by Wendy is stable? Can we try to use and test
softwares or solution around it?

I feel that peoples (and me too when I'd started to understand
accessibility) are a bit disoriented when they wish to test their
pages and understand where the "bug" is, and how to resolve it.

So, I think that EARL mixed with stable PICS WAI model and some
guideline in WCAG around this is a good goal for users and developer.

What about?

I'm sure you had already discussed about it and I know that it's
a big work to do. :)

--
Bazzmann Labs(c) - Accessibilita', usabilita', webdesign e standard W3C