  From: w3c-wai-pf-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-pf-request@w3.org]On
Behalf Of Slaydon, Eugenia
  Sent: Tuesday, August 06, 2002 10:04 AM
  To: 'Lisa Seeman'; W3c-Wai-Gl@W3.Org (E-mail); W3c-Wai-Pf@W3.Org (E-mail)
  Subject: RE: auto set focus and accessibility

  This is very common practice in pages with forms. I've fought it in the
past as an accessibility issue - but usually clients overrule the decision.
WCAG 1 did address it in the don't change focus, page, etc without notifying
the user - right off hand I can't think of where it is addressed in WCAG 2.

  Eugenia Slaydon
  Lead Content Developer
  Beacon Technologies, Inc.
  336-931-1295 ext 225