Interesting feedback

I was at a rehab center last Thursday were they are training people to learn
to use computers after the loss of some functionality. Inexcusably their web
consultant had made an inaccessible site for them (claiming it had some
accessibility features - it did not even have alt tags)
Anyway, when discussing what needed to be done, the center of the center
felt that the most urgent, and first  equipment was to put in vowels into
the Hebrew.

On the other hand the budget person claimed it was two expensive......

But from spending some time watching people actually trying to use assertive
technologies on  Hebrew websites, I would say two things - It is probably
the biggest job when making a Hebrew site accessible, and it is probably the
most important.

Life is like that sometimes

By the way, I am going to be working with this center quite a bit, and will
be able to do technique testing with them. I am hoping that it will be
helpful

Also from seeing Hebrew screen readers at work, So far I was extremely
unimpressed. they are out of the price range of most people here and are not
really usable or helpful. I am going to test another one that is meant to be
top of the line... will keep you posted
In the mean time it explains why sites for the vision impaired hear , like
http://www.sites.huji.ac.il/blind/english/index.html
uses untitled frames - the web is just not usable for Hebrew speaking vision
impaired.

All the best,

Lisa Seeman

UnBounded Access