RE: Checkpoint 2.3 Avoid causing the screen to flicker - Test?

I'm not sure I follow.  Strobes are great for freezing (visually) and
measuring the period of something which is moving repetitively, but I
don't know how you use a strobe to measure a strobe.  I can sort of see
how you might, but don't see how it could be more effective or easier
than just using a light probe and looking at the events on an
oscilloscope (storage).   (or, for that matter, just capturing the
information using a computer as a storage oscilloscope.)

I don't recall anyone talking to me about using a strobe to measure
flash frequency.  But Trace is looking into the idea of a measurement
tool to address photosensitive epilepsy.   Have made progress and
contacts but don't yet have any determination of do-ability,
effectiveness, or timeline.

More when I know more.

Gregg

------------------------------------
Gregg Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Ind Engr - Biomed - Trace,  Univ of Wis
gv@trace.wisc.edu

Behalf
> Of gian@stanleymilford.com.au
> Sent: Sunday, July 07, 2002 6:41 PM
> To: graham_oliver@yahoo.com; w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
> Subject: RE: Checkpoint 2.3 Avoid causing the screen to flicker -
Test?

> Graham,
>
> We have discussed this briefly, and one of the problems is strobing
due
> to faulty/older monitors. You would need to decide on one
version/brand