RE: Multiple versions of a page

At 1:32 AM -0600 3/20/02, Gregg Vanderheiden wrote:
>I LIKE server side tuning for different combinations of the above.  But
>unless we have a very sophisticated means to ask, discuss, negotiate and
>come up with the right combination of features ---- for all browsers (or
>a vast majority )  then we need  to have a default, cross disability
>accessible version --- don’t we?

Definitely, but keep in mind that those are no more likely to solve the
problems of multiple disabilities than anything else. We need to be
careful not to think that a single "accessible" version is a magic
bullet. The problem of complex disability needs still exists no matter
how many versions you have. Restricting yourself to one (as some would
do) is less of a solution than adding 5 more to that one.

--Kynn

Next Book: Teach Yourself CSS in 24       http://cssin24hours.com
Kynn on Web Accessibility ->>          http://kynn.com/+sitepoint