  From: Lee Roberts
  To: WCAG List
  Sent: Sunday, February 10, 2002 7:59 AM
  Subject: Checkpoint 3.3 Research

  Below are links to information that I found regarding researh specifics.
  http://www.bsu.edu/web/bsuwai/use.htm#Language

  http://www.rit.edu/~easi/itd/itdv08n1/cook_gladhart.htm
  "Technology Problems and Solutions"
  "Web pages divided into segments or frames can confuse software programs that translate text to voice. Graphics that have not been labeled with text will be read only as "image" by the software reading the text on the screen and will deprive students of valuable content. Web pages with a long list of hyperlinks crowded together can confuse a student with visual, cognitive, or motor disabilities."

  Also, scan down to "Pedagogy Challenges for Students with Learning Disabilities".

  http://www.ala.org/editions/samplers/mates/ch2.html
  Interesting point made in this article: Do not underline text.

  http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/PWD-Use-Web/Overview.html#clerk

  http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/PWD-Use-Web/Overview.html#diff
  Scan down to "Cognitive and neurological disabilities"

  http://www.otal.umd.edu/uupractice/cognition/

  An excellent series:
  http://www.humanfactors.com/wording/default.asp

  Not as many as how to write correctly, but I'm sure this will help everyone.

  Sincerely,
  Lee Roberts
  President/CEO
  Rose Rock Design, Inc.
  Building web sites accessible by EVERYONE
  http://www.roserockdesign.com