Re: text as images...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kynn Bartlett" <kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com>
> Keep in mind that not all users (e.g. library or educational users)
> can upgrade their software, and that not all downloads are free; it
> would take me several hours to download a new Netscape version from
> home, and if I were in a country where I pay by the minute for
> access, that would not be free at all.

I'm aware of issues like this. Still, the line has to be drawn somewhere, as
we're reminded constantly in going over these guidelines. I think it's
perfectly reasonable to expect the vast majority of those who need a package
to increase accessibility for them to either request it from their
administrators or procure it otherwise. Holding back to accommodate browsers
like Netscape 3, which is well under 1% in worldwide browser share, prevents
full adoption of CSS, which in my opinion represents a much greater
potential benefit. We can pick apart edge cases all we want, but I think the
greater good here is crystal clear.

-