is the needed proxy available? etc.

[I changed the Subject as a gesture to try to indicate that this is an
interesting discussion but has no bearing on whether the Requirements language
issues are resolved (or not). - Al]

At 01:36 PM 2002-02-01 , Kynn Bartlett wrote:
>At 10:20 AM -0500 2/1/02, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
>>As a user, I would bookmark this page, and send it to someone else. They
>>would find that they needed the text version to work properly with JAWS and
>>Internet Explorer, but since there is no way of setting the University
>>library system to run through a CC/PP proxy that understands how to get the
>>right page (something that the page publisher had carefully and sensibly
>>enabled) they appear to be running IE more or less as is.
>
>Do we need accessibility guidelines for proxies and other tools? Are
>they user agents? I suspect that if Lynx is not covered by UAAG, then
>proxies may not be as well?

AG:: We should re-label 'server-side' techniques as a work area to
'network-hosted' techniques.  Origin WebServers with growth to middleware
graphs.

Where the proxy is actually maintained by the business entity that provides the
origin server, as with BETSIE, the appropriate approach is one like that taken
in UAAG: this site, taken together with the service it is partnered with on
iCan.com, is accessible.

This kind of policies for deployment strategies should be considered by the
same group dealing with server-side adaptation, just because we don't have the
critical mass to address these issues separately, and the policy analysis is in
part common.

Anything that we can work up in this direction is of interest at least to NCITS
V2 and the Grid Computing Environments Working Group (And Protocol Architecture
Working Group) of the Global Grid Forum, by the way.  The Grid Forum is
directly concerned with middleware issues and V2 would like to understand them
better.

Al

<http://kynn.com/>http://kynn.com
<http://idyllmtn.com/>http://idyllmtn.com