RE: rationalize presentation

When people don't get the accessibility argument, the thing I like to do
about the anti-aliasing issue is to make the case for real text with
black-and-white laser printouts in hand.  It helps to preface the discussion
with a leading question like, "Don't you think our website has enough useful
information that people will want hard copy reference to it?"  The most
carefully kerned and blended bitmapped fonts look like crap at 72 dpi
(screen resolution) as compared to plain vanilla CSS at 300 dpi (print
resolution).