Re: rationalize presentation [was: Use consistent presentation]

> I think we agree. I didn't mean to say "don't use navigation icons", I meant
> to say "use navigation icons, and text. But for the text, use real, styled
> text, not gif or jpg images of text".
> cheers
> Charles
>
> On Tue, 15 Jan 2002, Slaydon, Eugenia wrote:
>   I still have to disagree. Navigation icons provide visual clues that CSS
>   just can't duplicate yet. Saying that they are inappropriate in an
>   accessible page is a harsh statement. I fully support your first statement
>   of providing both icons and text labels. I feel that it best supports
>   accessibility for *all* users.

Charles, what about using navigation icons which contain gif or jpeg
images of text, and also supplying text links as well?  The quality of
text effects you can get in CSS is woefully limited, thus reducing the
types of designs available to use.  However, having both highly
stylized gif/jpeg text _and_ text-only, scalable-size text links lets
you have your cake and eat it too, if we are talking about a single
UI/document model.

--Kynn