RE: Agenda

Hi Lisa,

    Thanks for comments.

I follow them - and we are increasingly using metadata in the
recommendations,  -  but am not sure exactly what you mean for us to do.

Do you have specific recommendations for wording changes in the
guidelines to reflect this that you would like to propose?

Gregg

------------------------------------
Gregg Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Ind Engr - Biomed - Trace,  Univ of Wis
gv@trace.wisc.edu

Behalf
> Of lisa (by way of Wendy A Chisholm <wendy@w3.org>)
> Sent: Monday, May 20, 2002 3:55 PM
> To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
> Subject: RE: Agenda
>

> I see a difference between a web author deciding to tailor for a given
> end user group, and in us legitimizing their decisions to exclude.
>
> Let me be blunt. We could end up with a prioritization system which
> rates the ability to access of some groups, however small in number or
> unattractive they may be, as lower priority.
>
> Now if there is one thing that all disabilities groups have in common,
> it is alienation form societies. Now we can not stop that through
WCAG,

)
> The item was about how universally needed something was within a major
> disability group.
>
> 3 -  Correct.   Testability did not demote success criteria to lower
> levels under the current consensus of the group.   Success criteria
> needed to be testable at all levels - unless we change our minds.
>

> PS     I too think we want to get to machine readable and
understandable
> text as a goal for better access.  I think it is the best chance for
> getting access to text at all the different cognitive and language
> levels that might be needed - and for  agent assisted access as well.
> How to do it will indeed be a long topic.  Thanks for starting up the
> discussion.  As Co-chair I also thank you for thinking to take it off
> list since it will be a big topic.   And put me on the list.
> Gregg

> Gregg Vanderheiden Ph.D.
> Ind Engr - Biomed - Trace,  Univ of Wis
> gv@trace.wisc.edu