RE: controlled use of language

No one controls the controllers.
RDF

-----Original Message-----
From: William Loughborough [mailto:love26@gorge.net]
Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2002 6:50 AM
To: lisa Seeman; w3c-wai-gl@w3.org; w3c-wai-pf@w3.org
Subject: Re: controlled use of language

At 10:16 PM 5/15/2002 -0700, lisa Seeman wrote:
 >controlled use of language

Who will control the controllers? If it is to be some version of the
French
Academe, they must be prepared for forms of ridicule/satire beyond
anything
presently available.

"Let me make one thing perfectly clear" almost invariably precedes some
simplistic (how's that for demagoguery?) spout.

Further, the "anticipated development of symbolic language" has been
underway for millennia with the results we indulge in here. If the
notion
of Bliss Symbols or ASL or hieroglyphics or whatever is the model for
this
development we have nothing to fear - instead of being "six months away"
it
will actually recede further/faster and become more improbable as
language
grows ever richer.

So to "Be prepared for it to be a long process." is a matter of
*forever*
because it ain't gonna happen.

As Dave Pawson would indicate (on another list)
-1 (that's a definite "nay" vote).

Lisa is almost certainly one of my favorite minds on this WG, but this
is a
terrible waste of her talent.

--
Love.